titolo: corsivo
musicista interprete:
data della registrazione:
luogo della registrazione:
studio di registrazione:
sound engineer:

direttore della registrazione:
dur: in minuti e secondi
supporto d’origine: (nastro magnetico, cassetta, disco in vinile, microsolco, cd audio, dat, video vhs, dvd)
dati discografici: editore, luogo, data di edizione/collana

The music published in OctandreProject is exclusively dedicated to divulgation purposes and not commercial. This within a program shared to study classic educational music of the 1900'/music today which involves thousands of people around the world. If someone, for any reason, would deem that a video appearing in OctandreProject violates the copyright, please inform us immediately and it will be our care to remove immediately the copyrighted material accordingly.
(La musica pubblicata in OctandreProject è dedicata esclusivamente alla divulgazione per scopi non commerciali. Questo all'interno di un programma educativo per studiare musica del 1900/musiche d’oggi e si rivolge ad una platea internazionale. Se qualcuno, per qualsiasi motivo, ritiene che materiali che appaiono in OctandreProject violano il diritto d'autore, vi preghiamo di informarci e sarà nostra cura rimuovere immediatamente il materiale indicato.)
amministratore_1

multiplicity

Messaggioda Amministratore » 03/07/2014, 0:38

titolo: Multiplicity per percussione solista e orchestra
musicista interprete: solsti del Kroumata Percussion, Noorlandsoperans Simphony Orchestra, Rumon Gamba (dir/conductor)
data della registrazione: 6 dicembre 2013
luogo della registrazione: Umea (Sweden)
studio di registrazione:
sound engineer:

direttore della registrazione:
dur: 19'02"
supporto d’origine: (youtube, mp4)
dati discografici: KroumataPercussion, 5 marzo 2014

"Brilliant, tumultuous, joy-intoxicating sound art. You travel to a foreign place. In your backpack you have a small recording device that you use to eternalize the environments you're discovering. Once at home, you have an audio track with wind, scraping and murmuring crowds. Traffic sound, thuds against the microphone, electronic noise. You sit down in your chamber and begin, with meticulous precision, to translate the soundtrack into a musical score for prepared symphony orchestra.
This is pretty much my experience of "Multiplicity" by Giovanni Verrando, premiered by NorrlandsOperans Symphony Orchestra as they put an end to a fine autumn season. For the performance of "Multiplicity" the orchestra is reinforced by the greatly honored Swedish percussion quartet that has become a house-hold name, Kroumata.
And to go straight to my judgment: this is a brilliant, revolutionary, joy-intoxicating piece of sound art. After five seconds, I'm totally disoriented, what I see on stage and what I hear do not match. Kroumata play the drums, but also trowels, washboards and tin foil. The orchestra musicians accompany with rattling metal bands and cardboard boxes. So I close my eyes, and I'm suddenly transported to a completely different place. Is it a room with the city street outside? A musical cut - and the environment transforms again. Verrando accomplishes a kind of trompe l'oeil for the ears. In a way it is the most unmusical concrete music I have ever encountered - but also the most straightforward. Oddly human.
Review by Jonas Lidström, 7 December 2013, Västerbottens-kuriren." (in: youtube luglio 2014)

collegamento

The music published in OctandreProject is exclusively dedicated to divulgation purposes and not commercial. This within a program shared to study classic educational music of the 1900'/music today which involves thousands of people around the world. If someone, for any reason, would deem that a video appearing in OctandreProject violates the copyright, please inform us immediately and it will be our care to remove immediately the copyrighted material accordingly.
(La musica pubblicata in OctandreProject è dedicata esclusivamente alla divulgazione per scopi non commerciali. Questo all'interno di un programma educativo per studiare musica del 1900/musiche d’oggi e si rivolge ad una platea internazionale. Se qualcuno, per qualsiasi motivo, ritiene che materiali che appaiono in OctandreProject violano il diritto d'autore, vi preghiamo di informarci e sarà nostra cura rimuovere immediatamente il materiale indicato.)
Amministratore
Amministratore